Cakes and Cupcakes
Cakes and Cupcakes
With Halloween just around the corner, we wanted to do a little bit of halloween inspired baking to curb out sweet craving. So we decided to make some super simple halloween donuts using our waffle/donut maker and pancake mix. We know there are other really great recipes out there that make their own donut mixtures but… we were feeling extra lazy and pancake mix seemed to be the easiest option and these take just as good as store bought donuts! Simple, delicious and gone in one bite. These donuts turned out super cute, fluffy and the balance of icing and donut is not too sweet either. Bear in mind that we did use a waffle/ donut maker so we can’t guarantee that using an oven will bring the same results but, feel free to try making the yourself.
Recipe: 110g Pancake mix 50g milk 1/2 egg 1/8tsp baking soda 1/8 baking powder. Method: 1) Measure 110g of Pancake mix. 2) Mix in 50g milk, 25g first until the batter is smooth and then add the remaining 25g of milk. 3) When the batter is smooth add in 1/2 an beaten egg and mix. 4) preheat your waffle/donut maker. 5) put in the remaining baking soda and baking powder and allow the mixture to sit for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is slightly bubbly. 6) spray or brush butter onto the waffle/donut maker. Pour in the donut mixture into the moulds and bake for 7-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or if the donut has a slightly crispy exterior x. Foodie & the Hipster
Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
I hope you enjoy them!
A healthy treat that is still super delicious and perfect for the summer.
So, here are 3 treats perfect for the summer. I hope you enjoy it! They are super healthy and unique in terms of their ingredients, but somehow they work so well and they are super delicious! These ice cream recipes are gonna leave you super cool and refreshed after a hot day in the sun!
A delicious recipe for a pesto and parmasan bread. Lately, I have been obsessed with pesto and I really wanted to try a combination of my 3 loves. Bread, pesto and cheese! I am going to be completely honest, it is delicious! The first time I tried this, I was hooked and kept making it. So, I thought why not share this recipe with you guys. So, here it is…
1. Pour warm water in the bowl and sprinkle in the yeast. Mix it once.
2. Let sit 10 minutes or until the yeast is frothy or has swell
3. Add the flour, oil, and salt into a bowl and mix it on a low setting.
4. Knead the dough for 5 minutes. So, the dough is smooth and elastic. knead for another 2 minutes, the dough should completely clean the bottom and sides of the bowl or surface. If the dough is still sticking to the bowl or your surface add additional flour, one spoonful at a time until it doesn’t stick.
5. Form the dough into a smooth ball and wrap it in cling film and let rise until doubled (it should be around 1 hour)
6. Preheat the oven to 200 celsius.
7. Lightly flour your work surface.
8. Gently stretch the dough into a rectangle like shape.
9. Use a rolling pin and roll it into a rectangle. It should be no thicker than half a centimetre, but it can’t be to thin or the dough will rip apart.
10. Spoon and spread the pesto over top and sprinkle your parmasan cheese. It’s best to have a border of half an inch around the edges.
11. Roll one of the longest sides. Until it looks like a swiss role and add a little bit of water to the end to help it stick.
12.Cut your rolled dough in half. So, now you have to pieces, and cut the 2 piece again in half. So, now you have four piece and repeat this once more until you have 8 pieces.
13. Place them into a foil square tin and put it in the oven for 25 mins or until the top of the bread has turned golden.
Then eat it!!
That is it! I hope you enjoy it. It is really delicious and savory. So, I hope you try it.
So, recently I had a craving for cookies, specifically chocolate chip cookies. Even though, it is easy enough to pick up a bag of cookies. I’m lover of homemade cookies. So, I thought why don’t I share you my recipes for these chocolate chips cookies.
The cookie recipe is perfect for those who love chewy cookies, which is one of my favourites. So, if you do love chewy cookies here it is…
Makes: 18 approximately
150 grams soft unsalted butter
100 grams caster sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
125 grams light brown sugar
1 egg (cold, from the fridge)
1 egg yolk (cold, from the fridge)
300 grams flour
200 grams chocolate chips (depending on preference)
1.Preheat the oven to 170°C or 325°F.
2. Melt the butter and let it cool a bit. Put the brown and white sugars into a bowl, pour the slightly cooled, melted butter over them and beat together.
3. Beat in the vanilla, the egg and egg yolk until your mixture is light and creamy.
4. Slowly mix in the flour and bicarb until just blended, then fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Scoop the cookie dough and place onto the prepared baking sheet, plopping the cookies down around 8cm approximately apart from each other.
6. Bake for 15–17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.
Lately, I’ve been obsessed with food blogs, there seems to be so many new and creative dishes that I haven’t tried yet, and really want to try them. So, I thought that I would share some of my favourite food blogs, if you’re interested in making some new delicious recipes, keep reading!
They have a lot of delicious treats, that are also really healthy. I really like the style of their images, the food really looks amazing, because of the way that they’ve taken it. Personally, I love looking at their desserts, because they look insanely good.
A great vegan blog, with incredible dishes, I love how they categorize each recipe, which makes it really easy when you’re craving something sweet, savory and etc. I really love this blog, it always makes me want cook or bake a healthy meal or treat.
A great blog for those who are lovers of anything sweet, but they do have some savory recipes, but personally I love their desserts, they look so easy and delicious.
A delicious blog with a lot of simple recipes, that anyone can make, definitely check it out.
A lot of interesting recipes that I haven’t seen before, like grapes on pizza, what!! Definitely, something to check out.
So, those were the blogs that I’ve been looking at right now. I hope you do check at least one of these blogs out, cause there are a ton of cool and unique recipes to try.