Upon first visiting Hong Kong’s first Memebox flag ship store, we were intrigued at the the variety of skincare and makeup products that they had to offer. The store was having a sale on a multiple of their products, which I heard changes monthly. Being a mascara fanatic, I was particularly drawn by the mascara sale, buy one get one!
Memebox- I’m Dual Mascara (Brown and Black)
The thick end: This end of the wand has a flexible tip: one curved (like a moon) and one flat with bristles that brush through each lash. One thing I like about this wand is that the tip is flexible and malleable moving together with the curve of your lashes, you really don’t feel the wand when you are using it.
The thin end: the thin end has finer bristles that brush through each lash. Because the bristles are so fine, it is ideal for brushing out the bottom lashes. However, because this finer brush is made of wire it require you to be more gentle when applying mascara to the bottom lashes.
Formula: The formula is quite light, the of this mascara isn’t as dark as other formulas, only tinting the lashes enough to darken them up and define them (naturally).
Effectiveness: I personally love the design of the product, it has 2 wands. One for each purpose: coating, lengthening and defining. The formula is good too, ideal for natural lashes. One thing I would wish the mascara had was if the smaller wand picked up more mascara formula and that the product itself contained more product because I found that I ran out of it quite quickly.
Nooni: Marshmallow whip maker
How to use:
1. Add some cleanser to some water into the whip maker.
2. Pump the cleanser multiple times to ensure the cleanser forms a whip.
- Can be used with any cleanser
- A fun product to use with everyone.
- Impractical product because it does take time to create the whip.
- As you have to combine it with water, you are left with more product than you need, so sharing it with family or siblings is best.
Pony Effect Concealer (shade 2)
- Not too drying
- Medium to high coverage
- Doesn’t crease easily
- No scent
- It can be used on it’s own.
- Very good for covering blemishes and concealer
- Price. Although it isn’t too much of a big deal because the product it is pretty good.
- If you have oily skin then you might want to set your concealer with a powder.
- Limited concealer shades: only 3 shades.
Nooni: Snowflake Whipping Cleanser
- Lathers really well
- When used together with the Marhmallow Whip maker, it creates a lot of thick foamy bubbles. However, even on it’s own it does lather up quite well.
- Only require a little product to cleanse your face.
- Skin feels really clean, we have experienced a couple of cleansers that have left us feeling un-clean.
- Doesn’t leave your skin feeling “squeaky” clean.
- It doesn’t do anything that is particularly special such as shrinking pores, brightening or deep cleansing.