Scrubs they are essential to any good pamper routine and if needed, essential for your everyday skincare routine. Personally, I love scrubs, for my face and body and I have been experimenting with a few scrubs throughout the years. However, I have always gone back to St.Ives’s scrubs. Here is why:
St.Ives Even Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub
This is a new edition to the St.Ives scrubs collection, which I picked up during the summer. The scrub contains pink lemons and mandarin oranges to help with brightening whilst the small granules help to get in between
- The texture is a light citrussy creamy sand. If any one has played with kinetic sand, it has a similar texture, however, skincare wise it is very similar to Laura Mercier’s face polish.
Skin type it is best for:
- This scrub can definitely be used everyday and is great for those who don’t want an overly coarse scrub but want a product to maintain their skins smooth texture.
- Wouldn’t recommend this product for those who have enlarged pores, because of how subtle the granules are.
Scrub coarseness: Mild 3/5
- How I use this product
- I use it in the morning as I found the citrussy scent really woke me up.
- The cleanser, is great for everyday use as the granules are definitely aren’t very harsh or stripping on the skin and does a great job at polishing/smoothing your skin.
- Might not be harsh enough for those who want a more deep cleanse AKA. those who have more enlarged pores.
- if you are in a rush, this might not be the one for you. These granules are so fine that they get in everything and being white they is sometimes granules you might find in your hair or that get caught in the crevasses of your face. However, if you have enough time and are more thorough in your wash then this won’t be a problem for you.
St.Ives Blemish control Apricot Scrub
This is personally one of my favourites, which I have been using for over 5 years. I have tried so many scrubs but I have always turned to this scrub as it has proved very effective whenever I feel like my skin is congested from the pollution/oil or dust buildup.
- coarse granules of walnut shell. Has a light apricot scent, the ratio of walnut shell in the product isn’t as much as the pink lemon scrub. The granules are larger however and harsher.
Skin type it is best for: Those with enlarged pores, or skin that is prone to blackheads, bumps etc. Congested skin from pollution or oil or dust.
Scrub coarseness: 4/5. Definitely one of St. Ives’s most coarse scrubs.
- How I use it:
- AMAZING for a deep clean during pamper days or even once or twice a week.
- Can be used everywhere, elbows, hands, knees etc. Anywhere where that there might be rougher skin, scrub whilst in the shower massaging it and then feel the softness afterwards.
- Great on blackheads, scrub on any areas prone to blackheads once or twice a week and use a toner.
- For those with very sensitive skin, I wouldn’t recommend this product as your fragile skin layer may find this scrub too harsh.
Where to buy: HK: mannings, watsons and parknshop / UK
St.Ives Timeless skin Daily micro-dermabrasion
This was a new discovery I found in the UK and decided to give it a try. The term “microdermabrasion” really caught my eye, an affordable spa treatment in a bottle? maybe?
- It has a fine salt like texture that has a fruity scent.
Skin type it is best for:
- those who want to an anti-aging scrub and one that works long term.
- Milder skin types.
Scrub coarseness: 2/5. Although the granules are not very course, the ratio of the scrub granules is greater than that of the cleanser.
- How I use it:
- I used it daily because of how mild it was for a scrub.
- Use it a for a long period of time to see the full benefits of the product, the product says that the scrub for the long term reducing fine lines.
- I was a little disappointed with this product, I found that my skin didn’t really show any of the effects of the scrub, I personally have slightly rough skin, which means that such a mild scrub wasn’t so effective and my skin quickly got used to it.
- The product is a smaller size compared to St.Ives’s other scrubs.
- Similarly to the pink lemon scrub if you aren’t short on time, the granules won’t be hard to wash off but if in a hurry I wouldn’t recommend this product as the white scrub granules can stay on your skin when dry.
Where to buy: HK / UK
Hope you found this useful!