Although I might be a little late to the easter festivities, with the 4 day weekend, I’m sure there is time to make cupcakes right?
Without further ado, here are 4 easy easter cupcakes that you can do this easter without spending a lot of money.
Here are a f ew ideas of what you can do with these simple ingredients.
- Melt your white chocolate in a bowl over simmering water until melted.
- Split the melted chocolate into 3 different containers (orange, green and leave one white). * found that using gel colours with water as an ingredient made the white chocolate seize and become fondant like which was unexpected but worked in my favour for moulding into eggs or even carrots.
- Using baking paper pipe or shape your carrots.
- For water based (my food colouring)- roll a ball and using scissors cut two lines to form three ‘leaves. Place them using your fingers (see image below).
- Oil based- Pipe your leaves
- (optional) using a black writing icing you can draw in the details.
- Put in the fridge to set.
This egg shows that you can find a lot of ways to make decorations without the need for any special materials. Remember that ‘egg’ sleeping mask that I spoke about a few months back? I kept the packaging and washed it.
- Drop a few drops of gel food colouring onto the packaging.
- Pour the melted white chocolate onto the mould.
- Place in the fridge for a 5 minutes
- Push on the mould and pop the chocolate egg out. Avoid touching the “water-coloured” side of the egg.
To save this post for being too long, I didn’t write the how I made each individual cupcake but, if there is anything you want to know how to make please let me know and I will post it here 🙂